Friday 27 August 2010

IN LOVING MEMORY OF MY MOM....JUNE19th,1929 - AUGUST 27th,2009

Well it's been twelve months mom....where's the time gone,it seem's like yesterday i've found it hard to move on!
What i would give for just one more day with you...just to have a cuppa and a chat like we used to do!...i've still got our cups mom.
I found this verse on the net,it's just perfect.

“Hi mom it’s me again”
Just came to say hello,
I miss you mom so very much,
more than you’ll ever know.

I see your face almost every night,
in every twinkling star.
I feel that you’re still with me,
whether it be near or far.

I know you didn’t want to die,
but a part of me died too,
I’ll never be the same again,
because I don’t have you.

Remember when I called you,mom
it was almost every day,
But you just kept talking,
you never pushed me away.

I wish that I could turn back time,
if only for one day.
So I could hold you in my arms,
and kiss your tears away.

I will always remember you mom,
even though we’re far apart,
and the love I have for you,
will remain within my heart.

You never said “I’m leaving”
You never said goodbye,
You were gone before I knew it,
and only God knew why.

A million times I needed you,
A million times I cried,
If love alone could have saved you,
you never would have died.

In life I loved you dearly,
in death I love you still.
In my heart you hold a place,
that no one could ever fill.

It broke my heart to lose you,
but you didn’t go alone.
For part of me went with you,
the day God took you home.

Love and miss you loads.....
xxx

6 comments:

Ali Watson said...

Sending you a huge hug today mwah Ali x

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

San I'm crying just reading that.
I think in a way you are lucky because you and your Mum had such a loving and close relationship, not everyone has that, I have a lot of ups and downs with my Mother daughter relationship. I was close to both my Grandmothers and miss them very much but cherish the good times we spent together. As a Christian I belive we meet with our loved ones after our life on earth is over. I bet you where a wonderful daughter.
Godbless you all. janex

Sonia said...

San sending you extra ((hugs)) today as i'm sure your in need of them.
Life does go on and believe it or not it does get easier but you never ever forget that special person who brought you into the world.
Hugs Sonia xxx

Anonymous said...

xxxx u know were i am,luvs ya see ya soon xx

Sue from Oregon said...

Hugs

Donna said...

Sending you huge hugz San...I can't believe it has been a year already...such a beautiful poem...TFS :) Donna x