Sunday 4 July 2010

JUST CUTE BEARS......."DECOUPAGE"

Sunday again which means it's time for another challenge at JUST CUTE BEARS....this week we would like to see decoupage on your card/project....all we ask is that there's a cute bear image on your creation.
For mine i've used a printed out decoupage sheet from Crafters Companion Popcorn the bear "Kids collection CD"...the sentiment is also printed off the CD.The actual image was the largest on the CD...too be honest when i'd printed it off it was alot larger than i was expecting....so made a 7"x 7" card...a size i wouldn't normally do.
I've added alittle glamour dust to the heart on the pram...some pearls to the scallop trim which i'd punched with a Fiskars "Threading Water" punch,to the wheels and the corners and lastly some ribbon to the handle.....i would like your opinions on the ribbon please...if you leave me a comment could you let me know whether you think i should leave the ribbon long or if i should cut it off...i'm alittle undecided on this one.
Sorry the photo is pants...for love or money i just couldn't get this one right :0(.
Well thats about it....all thats left to say is a big thank you to all who joined us on the challenge last week and hope to see you all again this week.
Have a lovely day whatever you're up to :0)
Take care
San x

13 comments:

jenny said...

Beautiful baby card Sandra! Fabulous image, I think it has a vintage look to it and the ribbon looks great as it is :)

Jenny xx

Larissa said...

Hi Sandra!

It is so great to see your back and how...... gorgeous card with such a cute image! I love the ribbon long, it just perfect like this!

Hugs,
Larissa

Annie said...

such an adorable baby card and I love the soft brown colours for a change from pink or blue.
hugs, annie x

Helen said...

This is gorgeous San! Love the colour combo...and I think the ribbon looks fab as it is!
Helen x

Sarah said...

Absolutely stunning baby card Sandra! Great colours and layout. I think the ribbon looks fab as it is!
xx :0)

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Sandra,
This is a fantastic baby card. I love the image and the monochrome look to it.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Kat said...

This is gorgeous San. Love that image. I know what you mean about size. I was going to do Popcorn Bear with golf clubs for my Uncle's 90th but the image is really big too.

I think the long ribbon suits it. In Peterhead many people still have this style of pram and they do them all up with fancy covers tied on with big bows. I never tied on covers on my pram in Lanarkshire but up here on the North East coast it can be a wee bit windy! Though to be honest I think they do it for style!!!

Kat xx

Donna said...

This is such asweet card San and I love how you have done the ribbons...beautiful :) Donna x

Riet said...

Wowwww Sandra,So beautiful card,i love the image.

Hugs Riet.xx

Sonia said...

San another stunner this week, i like the ribbons think they look great. Oh wished i'd know you where in Chester i'd of called through to say hello.
Thanks for my Anniversary greetings, would you believe i never got a card of flowers, just a bacon butty in bed lol...
Hugs Sonia xx

CraftyC said...

This is so sweet Sandra, love the vintage feel!
Clairex

Sue said...

Hi Sandra
aww gorgeous card hun, lovely cute teddy,fabby colour combo, sue,x

Lyn said...

Hello Sans, its lovely to see you blogging again. I love the ribbon long on the pram, it makes me think of long Christening Gowns.
Lyn (G'lands)